Braces in Dallas, TX
Get the Perfect Smile With Braces
Does your child have crooked teeth or teeth that are crowded together? If you're looking to fix your own or your child's set of teeth, consider getting braces in Dallas. Corrective braces have a lot more benefits than just giving you a perfect smile. Here's a more detailed breakdown of what they can offer.
How Do Braces Work?
To determine what kind of braces you need, dentists will take an X-ray and digital scan of your mouth. This allows them to see how crowded your teeth are, how crooked, and what kind of overbite or underbite you may have. The next step is getting custom-made braces for your mouth, which traditionally consist of brackets and wires that attach to every tooth. Throughout the day and night, they slowly exert pressure on your teeth in order to align them correctly.
The Types of Braces
There are a few types of braces to consider for your or your growing child or teenager. These include:
- Traditional: These are the traditional braces made out of metal, with brackets on the front of the teeth.
- Ceramic: These are made out of tooth-colored ceramic.
- Lingual: The brackets on these braces attach to the back of the teeth rather than on the front.
- Clear aligners: These are clear, plastic trays that fit onto the teeth.
The Benefits of Braces
There are a lot more benefits to braces than just having a perfect smile. They also correct overbites, underbites, and problems with chewing food. Some benefits include:
Helps with speech impairments caused by severe overbites, crossbites, or underbites.
- Chewing food is easier since the teeth are correctly lined up.
- Flossing in between teeth is easier.
- Reduces the chance of having periodontal disease.
- Helps fix protruding teeth
Do You Need Braces?
It is important that growing children see an orthodontist before all their permanent teeth are in. This gives a chance for the orthodontist to determine what corrective steps are needed. The teeth may be coming in crooked, there may be overcrowding, or there may be problems with the jaw. The earlier an orthodontist has a chance to make corrections, the better off children will be. It's never too late for braces either, so people of all ages can benefit from wearing them.
Reasons orthodontics are needed:
- Overcrowding of the teeth
- Crooked teeth
- An overbite, underbite, or crossbite
- Gaps between teeth
Caring for Braces
When you have braces attached to your teeth, it is crucial that you take good care of your braces and your teeth.
- You must brush above and below the braces well so that you remove any food particles that may be stuck there.
- Avoid foods that get stuck to your teeth, such as popcorn and sticky candy.
- Avoid biting your fingernails or chewing on things like pencils, as these kinds of habits can damage your braces.
Braces in Dallas, TX
If you think you're a good candidate for braces in Dallas, TX, give us a call. We'll be happy to schedule an appointment. We can take a look at your teeth and determine the exact care you'll need.
Call us and schedule your appointment today at 972-696-9273!
Request Your Appointment Today!
At Smile Again Dental, we make it convenient to plan your next visit. Click the link to request an appointment time that fits your busy schedule. We can't wait to see you!